Special Olympics Aurora - Sport Technical Coordinator
Special Olympics Ontario Aurora
Purpose: Community volunteer resource for Special Olympics Aurora (sports programs for individuals with an intellectual disability, ages 8 to adult). Monitor the overall quality of the 9 sports programs through interacting with parents, coaches, and athletes.
- General knowledge of rules/regulations of each sport
- SOC NCCP Technical Level 1 certified (or willing to take)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ensure that sports programs are run in accordance with Provincial guidelines
- Ensure coach:athlete ratios are adhered to
- Educate re the importance of Coach NCCP competition course, and track compliance
- Liaise with Sport Technical Coordinators from other communities and serve as resource for coaches
- Function as a link from Community Council and the sports clubs
- Ensure there are sufficient competitive opportunities for the athletes; work with Conference Convenor(s) if lacking
- Assist with any athlete and volunteer coach issues that may arise (suspension, discipline, etc)
- If a new sports facility is needed, work with Head Coach to procure such; ensure annual sports facility permits are renewed
- Be familiar with the relevant sections of the Special Olympics Information Portal
- Attend monthly council meetings, and the Annual All Members Meeting
- 2-4 hours/week on a regular basis with more time required at fall and summer sport startup
- 2 year term (until Sept 2021)
Use the contact info below to volunteer for this opportunity!
We are grateful to have such a wonderful group of volunteers. All that are ages 18 and up must undergo a Police Check (which is 100% refundable). We hope you enjoy your experience with us!