About the Program
Neighbourhood Network’s Food Drive program supports local food banks between the holiday seasons. Each year, hundreds of pounds of food and thousands of dollars are raised to help feed our communities.
Our community food banks need your help. We are challenging you to buy some urgently needed items and donate them to a food bank in your town! Due to the continued urgent need from our local food banks, we will continue running this program/volunteer opportunity throughout the winter season.
Community Involvement Hours for High School Students – High School students looking for Community Involvement Hours can participate in this program!
How to donate and collect your hours:
- Look at your local food pantry’s urgently needed item list.
- Go to the grocery store and purchase some of these items. Every item and dollar donated helps!
- Take pictures of you shopping or dropping off items.
- Keep your receipt – and send it to us if possible.
- Follow the specific drop-off directions listed. Each location is different!
- Fill out your community involvement sheet and have it verified by a guardian.
- Email your photo(s), shopping receipt, and Community Involvement form to Lisbeth at [email protected].
- Challenge your friends to do the same!
NOTE: Include in your email whether we have your permission to share your photos on our social media pages.