About the Program
Neighbourhood Network’s Fall Food Drive program supports local food banks between the holiday seasons. Each year, hundreds of pounds of food and thousands of dollars are raised to help feed our communities.
Our community food banks need your help. We are challenging you to buy some urgently needed items and donate them to a food bank in your town! Due to the continued urgent need from our local food banks, we will continue running this program/volunteer opportunity throughout the winter season.
Community Involvement Hours for High School Students– High School students looking for Community Involvement Hours can participate in this program!
How to donate and collect your hours:
- Look at you local food pantries urgently needed list
- Go to the grocery store and purchase some items (every item and dollar donated helps).
- Keep your receipt – and send to us if possible
- Follow the specific drop off directions listed- each pantry/food bank is different!
- If possible, take pictures of you shopping and/or dropping off the items to include in your submission- please note that pictures could be used on our social media platform.
- Fill in your community involvement sheet and have it verified by a guardian.
- Submit your community involvement sheet with the total shopping (if possible provide us with your shopping receipt) and delivery times recorded to [email protected] for sign off.
- Challenge your friends to do the same!
NOTE: You must have this verified by a parent or guardian.