Job Title: Resource & Development Committee member * Please note this is an unpaid volunteer position
Reporting to: Manager, Communications & Operations
Office Location: 17665 Leslie Street, Unit 12. Newmarket, ON. L3Y 3E3
CAYR COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS is a community-based, non-profit organization that provides support, education and promotes access to dignified care and support for people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS, people who use drugs and folks who identify with the 2SLGBTQ+ community
The committee will be led by the Executive Director, Manager of Communications & Operations and a member of the Board of Directors who will keep the Board informed on the committee’s oversight.
To assist in developing policies and strategies that engage donors, supporters, funding sources, and non-financial resources that are necessary to fulfill the vision, mission and goals of the organization.
- Planning—to develop short and/or long-term, year-round resource development goals
- Resource Assessment—to assess community, volunteer, staff and financial resources
- Research—to research, develop, evaluate and monitor strategies to reach untapped markets, and assess current giving
- Fundraising—provide leadership and engage and involve fellow committee members to take an active role in the annual fundraising campaign and major fundraising initiatives
- Gifts in Kind—to develop and monitor strategies to secure and disburse non-cash items for use by the agency
- Good communication skills
- Availability to meet with Committee once a month over the course of a year
- Able to commit to a minimum of 6 months
- Able to maintain professional boundaries
- Professionally communicate any ideas and/or concerns
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
Benefits of volunteering:
- Networking and Personal Development: Meet different people, make friends, gain self-confidence
- Volunteers are eligible for a recognition certificate and reference letter
- Develop community resources
- Addition to resume
- Get involved in the community by attending and volunteering for other CAYR activities, workshops and special events.
To apply, please contact: Mark Koning
E-mail: [email protected]
We thank all applicants. However, only those who are to be interviewed will be contacted.
CAYR COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applicants with lived experience of substance use, HIV/AIDS, and/or Hep C. We also encourage people of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities and expression.