Route and Logistics Committee Member
Run For Southlake
We are looking for volunteers with a drive to get things done and knack for public safety. As a member of the Nature’s Emporium Run for Southlake Logistics committee, you will play a vital role working under the direction of York Regional Police volunteers and Race Directors to ensure the safety of over 2,000 community members at the Nature’s Emporium Run for Southlake event taking place on April 28, 2019.
This event has grown to be one of the largest 5 km road races in York Region and Southlake Regional Health Centre’s largest annual event. Raising funds for the most urgently needed tools and equipment at Southlake, this event is vital in providing world-class care to more than 500,000 patients every year.
• Ensuring all businesses, churches and residential notifications are complete for Regional and Town road closures
• Identifying potential risks to the race route (e.g. access/egress concerns for road closures)
• Support route marshalling, pedestrian traffic flow and redirecting motorist traffic
• Liaise with Multisport (Race Director) and other key stakeholders to ensure placement of volunteers, signage and EMS support
• 18 years of age and older
• Be comfortable speaking with businesses and residents about road closures
• Working as part of a logistics-oriented team alongside a Race Director team and Municipal partners (York Regional Police, Central York Fire, York Region Paramedic Services) an
Use the contact info below to volunteer for this opportunity!
Police check may be required depending on role.