The Margaret Bahen Hospice for York Region
The Hospice is looking for food services volunteers to join our kitchen family. Food Services volunteers prepare homemade snacks, baking and light meals for residents and their caregivers.
• Interest in meal preparation and knowledge of recipes
• Friendly, warm and empathetic to individuals living with a life limiting illness
• Good listening skills
• Ability to remain calm and supportive in difficult situations
• Willing to work with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
• Food Handling Certificate an asset but not required. Training will be provided.
• Successful completion of Vulnerable Sector Police Screening prior to starting volunteer placement
• Introduction to Hospice and Palliative Care, Core Concept 1-a 30 hour course
• Food Handling Certification training
Volunteers typically commit to one 3 to 4 hour shift per week. We are asking for a commitment of 1 year.
Interested volunteers can visit www.myhospice.ca to fill in an application form or email [email protected]
Use the contact info below to volunteer for this opportunity!
The Margaret Bahen Hospice for York Region is a 10-bed residential hospice that features 24 hour nursing and care staff, as well as social services, spiritual support, medical care, pharmacy, therapies, and more. More than 150 volunteers support the hospice.