Driver-Guide – Clients, Staff or Volunteers
Provide community-based support: drive clients, service staff and/or volunteers who are blind or partially sighted and are travelling on CNIB business.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
1. Confirm week schedule with supervisor
2. Drive staff person, volunteer or client to destination(s); provide sighted guide and sighted assistance as needed
3. Track and report mileage as directed
4. Track and report volunteer hours as directed
1. Do not conduct client, volunteer or staff person personal errands while on CNIB business.
Qualities, Skills and Training:
1. Excellent driving skills; clean driving record, valid drivers license, minimum $1 million liability insurance (if driving own car)
2. Patient, empathetic and friendly
3. Reliable and organized
4. Orientation, including: About CNIB, About the people we help, About vision loss, and About volunteering at CNIB.
5. Training specific to the position, including: sighted guide
6. Minimum 19 years old.
1. Minimum six months
2. 2-4 hours per week during office hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm as scheduled with staff
3. Agree to abide by CNIBs Volunteer Code of Conduct, including policies and procedures concerning confidentiality, conflict of interest, and the prevention of workplace harassment and violence.
1. Make a difference for people who are blind or partially sighted
2. Develop or use experience and skills in driving, client service.
Use the contact info below to volunteer for this opportunity!
Volunteers need a police check and three references.